Top Wealth Creators of all time – Part 1 – Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund has multiplied the investment almost 20 times since its launch in 2002. If you would have invested Rs 10,000 in the fund when it launched, as on 30th May 2017 the worth of the investment would be 1.99 lakhs.

Consistent Performer

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity fund is one of the few funds which have been around for almost 15 years. It has provided consistent returns like no other fund and it has beaten its benchmark year after year. In declining markets it has fallen less than the benchmark which adds to its attractiveness for an investor.

This fund has beaten the benchmark by an average of more than 4% in last 10 years, which is a very good record since BSE 200 is a tough benchmark to beat.

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity graph 1

Benchmark Beating Annualized Returns

This is a large-cap fund and has provided more than 20% annualised return in last 5 years while beating the benchmark, BSE 200, in 3yrs, 5yrs and 10yrs annualized returns. The 5yr & 10yr returns of the fund have beaten the benchmark by 4.8% and 4.7% respectively.

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity graph 2

Impressive SIP Returns

If you would have done a monthly SIP of Rs 11,700 in the fund since its inception, you investment would have grown to Rs. 1 crore by now. This comes out to be a CAGR of 19.3% which is very rare to achieve and is a proof of fund’s superior performance.  Let us take a look in to different period SIP returns of the fund for a monthly SIP of Rs. 1,000.

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity graph 3

Fund Management

Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity fund is being managed by Mr. Mahesh Patil since 2005 and it has maintained around 90% investment in Large-Cap companies while remaining 10% is invested in Mid and Small cap companies. The core portfolio of the fund (above 70 per cent) constitutes long-term holdings (thereby providing stable returns) with the balance being tactical bets. The fund can be counted upon for good participation in bull markets but is particularly adept at containing losses in bear markets, be it 2008, 2011 or even 2016.

We recommend Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity fund to the investors who are looking to invest for long term in consistent performers.  The fund is low on volatility hence it is a prudent investment for someone who is looking for stable returns over long term.

Note – Regular Growth Plan of the fund has been considered for calculations.

Invest in Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity fund on WealthTrust mutual fund app now.

Top Wealth Creators of all time – Part 2 – Franklin India Prima Fund

Visit our website to know more about WealthTrust. Do read our blogs on Mutual funds

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *